Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cub Scout

           Recently we had the Cub Scout food drive.  My daughter and I went out and bought an assortment of easy fix meals, pasta, and vegetables.  The morning of pick up we had four bags.  One I labeled Glass, Be Careful because of the pasta sauce jars.  I was sitting in my living room when I heard some feet run up the front porch stairs.  The the feet suddenly stopped when they reached the top.  I heard an excited shout of, “They have four bags!”  A few more steps and there was another shout, “One is glass!”  Moments later I heard another set of footsteps, much larger.  The excitement in the Cub Scouts voice when he found our contribution made me smile. 
Food is essential.  It is the one thing that cannot be downsized or right-sized.   Don’t forget the people who do not have food.

No comments:

Post a Comment