Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Grapefruit


            I wonder if you are tired of seeing commercials talking about your holiday weight gain and what you need to do about it.  Do this diet, take our pill, and use that equipment.  All this is repeatedly told to us in an effort to get us to lose weight.
          The diet I’m going to talk about is The Grapefruit Diet.  It’s a “diet” that somehow shows up every year as part of the weight loss phenomena.  I want to say there is a problem with this diet.  Many people don’t like grapefruits because they are too tangy.
             I have a solution.  Here is how I like my grapefruit.

Grapefruit Salad
1 Grapefruit (red or pink preferred)
2 Navel Oranges
1 cp. fresh Pineapple*

*If fresh Pineapple is not available, an 8 oz. can of Pineapple packed in juice can be used.  Be sure to drain the juice before use.
  1. Peel the Grapefruit.  Then cut or peel the individual sections from the membrane.
  2. Prepare the Navel Oranges the same way as the grapefruit.
  3. Cut the Pineapple into tidbits.
  4. Put all the fruit together in a bowl.
Note: This can be eaten right away.  If not, put the salad in the refrigerator until a half hour before serving.

               I hope you enjoy this refreshing salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment